Recapping Sat…I think in retrospect, this weekend is probably one of my more happening weekend. At least I moved out of the house and away from the laptop screen for the evening. And it’s not even to oxford circus. I’m improving, ain’t I?
Started off the morning with meeting up with Sabby. I thought that since we were meeting at 945, there’s a low possibility we would go for breakfast. Oh no, that wasn’t the case. The only reason we went early was cos she wanted to jio CY along the way. So we headed for this place for really good eggs. The place had all these posh looking people who probably had lots of inherited wealth. Otherwise, they are the people who managed to survive the dot.com boom and fall. CY turned out to be a good entertainer, asking serious questions like how to curb his infatuation for blonds. Unfortunately, the rain came pouring down as we trekked over to the market to work off all the yellow egg yokes. So guess where we headed for shelter? This food for cooks shop which sells hundreds of cookery books. Always tempted to get a book or two whenever I pass that shop. But the problem is that I’ll get them and have them sit at home without using it. And the best bit is that I am only attracted by the pictures and nothing more. In fact, the latest temptation I have is: Apples for Jam by Tessa Kiros .Plus all those chocolate books as well. *DANGER DANGER*
Anyway, after the rain kinda stopped, we headed back to the market and got ourselves lots of grocery. Carried back a watermelon, 9 pounds of pairs, some asparagus etc. The best bit is that Sabby usually walks, so I had all these in my little rucksack and we trekked all the way back as well.
The good thing about Sab is that she has this broad network. That morning, she asked if I wanted to go for a house party by her Jap American friend, who cooks really well. So instead of staying home, I made great efforts to drag myself down the road. The party was good. Lots of good food. And good company too, Sabby’s party or rather, her friends’ parties are always much more interesting cos they are always so international. We were laughing at this Russian guy who met Rena in Starbucks and both of them could not comprehend what was weird about it. Well, it wasn’t as bad as CY’s friend meeting him on the train. And there’s also another Singaporean there, one of Sabby’s uni mates. He doesn’t look like the typical Singaporean. It could be the buffed top half plus the very low voice. These are definitely not trademarks of typical Singaporean guys. But it’s alright. The only problem with me is that I tend not to fell absolutely comfortable in such environment. I tend to stand around, not knowing what to do. And it’s so obvious. But never mind, with practice and experience…at least that’s what I hope to achieve. Need to broaden my circle, now that LC will be heading off to the US soon.
So yes, shall try to be a little more spontaneous and start going out. By the way, Mojitos are really good in the summer, should try it if you can.
http://daviswiki.org/Mojito