Two weeks on
Previously in a delimma
Now am just confused if I made the right call
two weeks back, tues, 14:00MB asked to speak to me.
sounded serious and private. seriously private
Had a feeling that it was to do with some kind of job offer.
was not far from that. He first started off saying that he is going to shoot himself in the foot. But he did say he promised to keep a look out for me. There is an opening in Tokyo and he thinks that it will be a good opportunity.
CT also got involved (don't ask me why)
Essentially, i was left with a mission to speak to CT and think about it.
Initially gut feeling: Sounds good. but probably not cos opportunity cost will be a little too high. going there will mean having to head back for Asia permanently. Without the steep progression of cos.
wed, 7.30amInformed MB that i will speak to CT in the afternoon, cos traders are usually busy in the morning.
wed: 1030amCT spoke briefly to MB.
MB was planning to go for a meeting. JUst as he was leaving, he said i really need to speak to CT ASAP.
Could not figure out why the rush, but went to look for her nevertheless.
Meeting with CT -
interesting. job sounded fun. new position, so like SIM city.
Status of lorraine's mind: still undecided. But definately soften since the day before
Wed : 15:00Took it upon myself to speak to Mark. Might have exposed myself too much. told HP, MON, MC LC.
Wanted to get his thoughts.
His perspective of the job is different from that described by CT. But definately more interesting.
Thursday: 10:00amwas expecting DT to call. But he didn't.
Heard him speaking to MB and it came to this topic. MB took the call in the room.
We arranged to speak on Friday to see what my thoughts are.
Lorraine's mind: state of confusion. To go or not to go
FridayMeeting with MB fell through. DT left me a VM to give him a call.
Weekend:Brain in turmoil. had to seriously decide what i want to do.
am inclined to give it a shot.
the thought of gg there as a local is daunting. housing is daunting.
career prospects looks uncertain.
but gut feeling is to take the long shot
People's comments:
asians from asia: said not to go
anywhere else : go, it's a good opportunity.
we all know what lies beneath that black covers.
to be an Asian plus a female isn't good. not high in position isn't too advantageous either.
neither in the inside nor the outside crowd.
daunting daunting.
challenging nevertheless.
Sunday status: still undecided, 70% to go
Monday: 9am
Meeting with MB suggested my state of confusion.
said i will speak to DT, cos quite inclined to go.
think my message may not be clear. think he thought my drawback is that this is not in singapore, but in TK instead. wrong idea. would have gone for the challenge rather than the location.
Monday afternoonspoke to more people. felt even more uncertain.
spoke to DT too. and it turned into an interviewing session.
mind turned back to confsion. 70% now inclinding towards not to go.
Tues morning
spoke to MB instead and decided not to pursue this.
not too sure if it's to his relief. LC and HT both feel that there is something strange about him being eager to find me a job. all managers are somewhat selfish--that is the notion.
so now, am just wondering if i made the correct call.
interesting exercise.