SLOVENIA-been there, done that, taken the flagOne more country stamp in my passport!!!!
Was out there in Slovenia over last weekend. And Miss Tan’s friends have been pre-warning her that the place is very very happs. And they mean very happs. But when we went there, all we saw were laoren. I guess it was just happs for the lao ren.
The guys are quite tall in the place, which is different. And surprisingly, the people there do speak quite good English. We went to Hotel Mons, which was a really trendy hotel.
cool cool
cool mons hotel
Hotel Mons Was really huge for the amount we paid. LC and I shared a double room and we got a living room and a separate bedroom, plus two WC. Cool eh? The guy checking us in was quite chao bin. But subsequently, after our lunch and all, we tried to ask help from this other guy, who was really sweet. He was really helpful. We kept asking him lots and lots of questions, cos none of us did any research. And he was so patient. We stood there for an entire 2 hr, asking questions after questions, like restaurant, massage place, flea markets, trip to bled etc etc. And we keep changing our minds as to when we want to do what and where we want to go, but he still remains calm and composed. He just printed lots of stuff for us and helped us book our dinner and massage appointments. I guess cos he was so so nice, he looked more and more handsome. So we subsequently named him Mr Handsome.
Unfortunately, Mr handsome directed us to some restaurant which sold only horse meat. So we discounted some points from him. But still Mr handsome was really charming.
When we went back that evening, we tried to ask when breakfast was served. He cheekily answered 7am, knowing full well that we wanted to get to the bus station for the trip top Bled at 7am. And me being me, I was totally gullible. I just went huh….., which that really disappointed look cos I thought we would not be able to enjoy the nice bacon and honey drinks. Breakfast was good. And I mean, really good, by the way.
We decided to write a nice review for Mr handsome. But cos of our organisational skills, or rather lack of it, we had to resort to write on some scrape piece of paper. Ah well, better than nothing right?
Anyway, after 3 days, all I can conclude is:
1) Bled is nice. Pretty shimmery emerald green lake. But to have to travel for 3 hr to get there, I am not too sure if that was worth it. Should have gone to the flea market and spend money instead.

Bled

bled again
2) It’s a place for the old people. Not too sure if it’s cos the young ones are all in Germany for the world cup. Btw, japan lost. Sadly. And Korea’s game with Tobago is not too optimistic either.
3) People in Slovenia are really nice. Very helpful. Especially Mr Handsome.
4) 3 days 2 nights in the small little city is sufficient. LC and I tend to travel with our full entertainment system to keep us occupied. Lots of XMAN series and we made Miss Tan watch them too. The river looked huge on the map, but it was only a stream.
5) Life in Slovenia must be good. Shops close by sat afternoon. Service is exceptionally slow. 10min to get the bill. Another 10 to collect it.
Was good. But I’m now really tired. Not as refreshed. But oki I guess.

where art thou river?

LC doing a jjh

redbull rolling by
dreams and wishes:
number 3 house: house by the lake clouds in Slovenia!!!!


